April 9, 2007

Inspirations


This is a little preview of some beads that I created for the Bead Dreams competition. I entered a bracelet and a set of loose beads in the polymer clay division.
The beads above were inspired by two textile designs from William Morris. Here is an online collection of some of his beautiful designs. I found this book at the remainder table at Barnes & Nobles last weekend for $2.50. The title is International Arts & Crafts by Michael Robinson. Check it out! Very inspiring.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather, Your beads are beautiful and I love your choice of colors. They have a vintage, romantic feel to them. I really enjoy reading your blog and always look forward to seeing your newest creations. Good luck with your submissions!

Heather Powers said...

Hi Karen,
Thanks for visiting and sharing the kind words!

Judy said...

Love, love, love William Morris. You did a great job capturing that feel. Good luck....although I am not sure you need it. :-)

Anonymous said...

tres jolis et subtils coloris,vraiement tres beau ,désolée je ne parle pas anglais ,je vis à marseille en france.

Anonymous said...

translation to Anonymous:

Very pretty and subtle colors, truly very beautiful, I'm sorry I don't speak English, I live in Marseille in France.