July 16, 2007

Rough Seas Ahead?

Last night I dreamt I was on the bead cruise. I was at the front of the ship and the seas were rough and stormy, I was quite frightened.

After thinking about it today though, I felt like the dream was telling me it's okay to take chances. We never know if life will be smooth sailing or filled with waves and breakers that crash around us. We can weather storms, we can brave the unknown. What I personally can't do is sit on the shore and feel like the ocean is too overwhelming, I have to jump in!

I love reading Andrew Thornton's blog. Jewelry designer, artist, writer, whatever inspiration strikes he chases after it. I sometimes feel like I hold myself back, not sure if I can handle everything I want to do. But there is something about reading his blog that inspires me to push ahead.

So I think I'll take some time this week to think about the big picture again, write up some goals of what I'd like to work on next. I have a bead book that I have been thinking about for a few too many years now, half-finished outlines and chapters scrawled out on notebook paper. And my poor illustration, oh how I've missed you! I really want to create a calendar for 2008 with childhood images of my hometown. If nothing else, I want to do it for myself. I have a few picture book manuscripts that need another round of revisions. I love beads, but they certainly have taken over since March. I need to branch out again and find some creative balance.

Speaking of branches, here is a peek at a bracelet that I sent off to a magazine today:

3 comments:

belvedere beads said...

this bracelet looks so beautiful that i lifted my hand off the mouse for a second and started reaching for it...

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!

d-c-designs said...

lovely colors,
copper and green
copper and turquoise
aww lovely lovely lovely copper :)