January 4, 2008

Bird Beads



A little playing around this week in the studio. I created some bird beads, just because. I picked up a few tiny bird figures in Michigan and felt like I needed some beads to fit the theme. I'm indulging my playful side more in 2008, so expect a little whimsy from me every now and then. For these birds I wanted to create something that looked like faux terra cotta, as if they were little sculptures from a long neglected garden.

p.s. the birds are ready to fly the coop, you can find them in my etsy shop.

6 comments:

Rosanne said...

I love the birds! Michigan did a good thing for you. I see creativity "flying" all around inside your brain! Can't wait to see what's next. I'm gonna get busy and get in some entries for the ABS, I'm feeling lucky...my name is gonna be drawn...

Auntie Rosanne

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather ~ Your Bird Beads are so sweet .Had A New Year tidy up found dusty bead mag , found your gorgeous 'Lariat Beads', had scoot round the site and here I am Kate UK

Heather Powers said...

Thanks for stopping by kate! I hope you come to visit often.

Rosanne, I wish I was a little snowbird back in Michigan right now! Miss you guys already.

Anonymous said...

Very cute! I'm sure these will fly out the window.

belvedere beads said...

the bird beads are just perfect.

kinipela92 said...

Hi Heather,

I just wanted to give you a heads up, I LOVED these little birdies so much I posted a blog entry about them. Hope you don't mind.

A new fan,
Jenny
http://www.milliejewelry.blogspot.com