February 22, 2009

Almost There...

I leave in 5 days! I can not wait until the fun begins. I'm looking forward to visiting some tropical beaches. These are photos from Costa Maya from two years ago. I think this was my favorite port from all the cruises. This first photo is the main area when you get off the ship. It has a pool with a bar you can swim up to, that's handy!
My mom and I traveled a little off the beaten path to a smaller beach. They were giving massages on the beach in white billowy tents and I thought, oh that looks nice. We talked to the lady and agreed on a price. I hopped up on the table, ready for a little pampering. This girl with her fast little hands had my bathing suit top undone before I could utter a protest. Mortified I called for my mom to stand in front of me to shield me from the rest of the beach. My mom called over, "heck no, I'm getting one too," and jumped on the other table. After our adventure we sat on chairs with our feet at the edge of the ocean and enjoyed a drink with an umbrella while the waves lapped at our feet. 5 days - seems too soon for my to do list, not soon enough for my heart!

4 comments:

Beverly Herman said...

Good thing we didn't get any pictures of that adventure. Mamacita!! It was so too much!

Mary Harding said...

What a gorgeous beach. I can see why your heart is ready. Have a wonderful time.

Erin Siegel said...

Hey Heather!

HaHa! Sounds like a blast to me! Happy cruising! Can't wait hear about all the goings on for this year!

Mary Newton Designs said...

I'm so envious! Maybe someday...

Have a great time!