July 4, 2010

Inspired by Summer: Fireworks

Fireworks, is there a better way to start July?  Of course not! 

I created these earrings a few years ago, inspired by fireworks and the celebrations here in San Antonio.  They appeared in an issue of Bead Trends magazine a while back too.

My favorite place to watch the fireworks is cuddled on a blanket in the sand on the shores of Lake Michigan.  Hearing the waves while you wait for the show is part of the fun.  Here in SA, we live 2 blocks from a small lake where they have the fireworks.  Our neighborhood gets swamped by folks from all over the city and they close our street.  We can see the display from our backyard!  4th of July is filled with fun no matter where we celebrate it.  I'm looking forward to yummy things from the grill, basil mojitos and spending time with our dearest friends!

We found this video on You Tube of the fireworks in South Haven, there are a few screaming tots, but that's part of the fun!  Enjoy your 4th of July weekend.  I will see you tomorrow with more inspiration!

6 comments:

Diana P. said...

Great pair of earrings! Have a wonderful Independence Day!

Bonnie Kreger at B-LEE KREATIONS said...

Love those earrings. Thanks for the fireworks movie.

We used to live 2 blocks from Lake Michigan in WI and would walk down to the lake and watch the fireworks. You brought some good memories back for me. We don't get much here in Arizona. I miss the lake.

Beverly Herman said...

I love those earrings. I have all the components to make a pair of those. I miss the fireworks in South Haven. I can't wait to watch them tonight. It's going to be fun!
Happy 4th of July!!

Heather said...

Great earrings!! Happy 4th to you too! I am having a giveaway on Monday- come see!!

TesoriTrovati said...

Gah! We are of the same mindset...drop by Treasures Found for this month's Inspired by... challenge!
Enjoy the day!
Erin

Unknown said...

I love your fireworks!